Associate Product Line Manager - Backcountry Gear & Apparel
Backcountry’s mission is to connect people with their passions. The team executes this mission through an industry-defining team of deeply knowledgeable gearheads, unparalleled breadth and depth of assortment, world-class fulfillment capabilities, and an iconic brand. The successful candidate will support the Owned Brands team for Backcountry, a fast growing and profitable business based in Park City, Utah.
Backcountry has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate Product Line Manager on our Owned Brands team. As the Associate Product Line Manager, you will assist, support and collaborate with the Product Line Manager in product development, marketing, visual merchandising, and assortment strategies for the Owned Brands product lines. The ideal candidate will fully understand the Backcountry brand, the Outdoor Industry and have outdoor specific product knowledge, in order to help drive the division to reach its financial goals and initiatives.
If you want a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to directly affect the growth and development of our Owned Brands, this could be your job!
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Support the Product Line Manager in developing and delivering a product line that helps increase revenue, gross margin, and market share
- Concept and curate product briefs to communicate to all cross-functional business partners throughout the go-to-market process
- Maintain a category line plan that achieves financial targets and assortment architecture
- Manage and distribute business recap reports to analyze sales and speak to the business in weekly, monthly and season-end selling meetings
- Coordinate product review and input sessions with Gearheads and Merchandising to ensure there is a constant feedback loop between departments
- Gain and provide market, consumer and competitor insights for respective product categories to share with Design, Sourcing, Merchandising, Marketing and Creative
- Assist the Product Line Manager and Planning counterpart to upload pricing and promotions for current season and aged product
- Work collaboratively with the Sourcing team to brief product line, select fabrics/materials, hit target item costs and other production calendar needs
- Support Assistant Brand Merchandiser in daily tactical needs, including, but not limited to: SKU building, product siting and content maintenance, receipt tracking, PO transmission, sample management
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2-5 years of relevant Industry experience in Merchandise Buying or Product Development
- Thorough understanding of outdoor industry business, products, and lifestyle
- Comprehensive knowledge of product construction, development, material, trims and costs
- Solid foundation of Retail Math and Buying Fundamentals
- Ability to think critically with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel is a must)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional partners, vendors and customers
- Willingness to learn, eager to take on new projects and able to deal with ambiguity
- Performs under pressure and able to prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- Self-motivated and looking to join a fast-paced team
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.