Retention Marketing Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
The Summer Intern, Retention Marketing, will play an important role in driving customer repeat purchase behavior.
This role will focus primarily on supporting the Loyalty program while also contributing to projects in Email, Direct Mail and Analytics. This position provides a unique opportunity to grow your expertise in loyalty marketing while also gaining hands-on experience in the broader Retention functional area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the creative briefing process for key loyalty projects, ensuring stakeholder alignment and the timely delivery of assets.
- Stay current on Retention/CRM trends and best practices, monitoring the competitive landscape and identifying opportunities to innovate through a test-and-learn approach.
- Ideate, pitch, and develop a loyalty program benefit/reward/optimization/test working in close partnership with Engineering, UX, Finance, Gearhead Operations and Integrated Marketing.
- Develop an end-to-end Direct Mail campaign, working cross-functionally with Integrated Marketing, Merchandising and Creative to ideate a campaign strategy, project manage the deliverables, oversee a timely and on-budget execution and author a retrospective report.
- Assist in the development and deployment of email campaigns, providing recommendations to ensure creative and segmentation are following best practices and are optimized to hit KPI targets.
- Audit the loyalty program lifecycle emails and site UX, highlighting opportunities to improve.
- Report on campaign performance, deriving insights and recommending actionable steps to improve performance.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Major in Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present clearly and take action on feedback
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Curious mindset with passion for knowledge and personal development
- Organized and self-directed, able to take initiative and work independently
- Acute attention to detail
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.