POSITION TITLE: Buyer, Women’s
REPORTS TO: DMM, Apparel
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Soft Goods
LOCATION: Park City
Our Backcountry merchants are responsible for curating a best-in-class assortment and achieving the financial goals within their Merchandise Division (MD). We empower you to set and implement a purchase plan which allows us to exceed all financial goals. If you want a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to buy the gear you love, this could be your job!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assortment Selection: Develops strategic direction for the assortment including key items, big ideas, growth areas, and category/brand mix with omni-channel in mind. Identifies and on boards new brands. Keeps assortment fresh and leading within the industry.
- Business Management: Owns revenue, margin, inventory, receipt flow, and in-stocks levels for MD. Develops and executes strategies to drive the business.
- Inventory Management: Manages the Open to Buy (OTB), hind sighting SKU/Category performance, establishes Preseason PO Receipt Flow, Preseason inventory allocation, set in season sell-through targets, manages Return to Vendor (RTV) and mark-down dollar requests with vendor, and ensures inventory management strategy aligned with Companywide financial goals
- Vendor Negotiations: Negotiates terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, image use, etc. Represents Backcountry in vendor meetings.
- Marketing Inputs: Communicates key items and themes for season, brainstorms/hind-sights promo concepts and reacts to performance, identifies risks in promotional calendar and building back-ups
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years of Merchandising experience, Outdoor experience a plus
- Outstanding time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and exercise judgement under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Clear ability to communicate business results, must be solution-oriented
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)