Retail Sales Floor Lead ($16.50)
POSITION TITLE: Retail Sales Floor Lead
REPORTS TO: Retail Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Gearhead Operations
The Sales Floor Lead helps maintain a profitable store that offers an elevated customer experience. You will work with all members of the Retail Store team to maintain customer service standards from start to finish. You will help with all aspects of order management, inventory accuracy and visual merchandising needs, all while ensuring the store hits metrics for sales and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
● Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
● Close the retail store at designated time and complete associated closing responsibilities
● Help uphold coaching and feedback provided to the team by management
● Set example to retail store gearheads by providing exemplary customer service
● Ensures the retail store is open and ready to receive customers at designated operational hour
● Ability to identify order and inventory issues, and seek the right solution
● Cycle count to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy
● Maintain cash drawer, spreadsheet and bank deposits
● Assist management with onboarding new staff
● Maintain, organize, and identify inventory needs for floor and window displays
● Assist in store inventory change over process and help the visual merchandiser maintain floor set.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of the gear we sell
● Proficient with Computers and Software products
● Strong ability to multitask
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple audiences including employees and customers
● Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
● Working knowledge of MS Office products
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
● Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
● Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
● The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 10 pounds, with or without accommodations
● Employee may be required to infrequently lift/carry items that weight up to 60 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.