Microsoft Exchange Consultant (Design/Architecture/Administration)*REMOTE
Overview and Service Objectives:
The Microsoft Exchange Architect/Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange and related infrastructure for various IT Operations projects for the Client.
Microsoft Exchange Architect/Administrator
US Citizen with no Dual Citizenship
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange operating in a hybrid environment
· Strong Enterprise Exchange Architecture knowledge (DAG Databases, Replication, Backup & Restore, Mail Flow, DMARC, DNS)
· Design and configure the Exchange infrastructure to maintain a stable, secure and highly available Exchange email environment through close monitoring and careful maintenance to minimize downtime and outages.
· Experience applying security patches, updates, and service packs
· Understanding of the mailbox migration process and mail flow between on premise to Exchange Online as well as experience migrating Exchange on premise mailboxes to Exchange Online
· Experience with ADFS
· Experience creating new user accounts, shared mailboxes, distribution lists and permissions
· Respond to client email issues/support tickets
· Manage Spam and block potential suspect email
· Ability to manage multiple applications and priorities in a fast-paced environment including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange.
· Ability to solve complex technical and operational problems and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
· Remain current on emerging industry standard technologies
· Solves complex technical and operational problems.
Administration of Microsoft Windows Servers via PowerShell scripts when needed
Develop, test, debug, and manage PowerShell scripts
Recommend improvements to existing PowerShell scripts as necessary
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, etc.
· Perform application security audits and reviews when needed.
Monitor and test server software performance and provide statistics and reports
Strong understanding of Microsoft Exchange best practices.
· Strong understanding of Windows System Administration
Strong understanding of Powershell
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
· U.S. Person, U.S. Soil
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS / Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Information Technology, or related technical discipline
· 5+ years' experience with Microsoft Exchange server administration (Experience in Exchange Server Design,
· implementation, daily operations, upgrading and migrations.
· 5+ experience & deep Knowledge in PowerShell, shell, batch, bash scripting language
· 5+ years experiences with System Administration
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
· GCC High experience
· Considers themselves a "Power User" on both Linux and Windows
· Knowledge of DHCP and DNS
Location of Services
Services will be performed at Sterling VA, or remotely.