The State Wholesale Manager is responsible for managing the wholesale team with a focus on team building, key account management and detailed business tracking. We are looking for a sales-oriented individual that can build strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure a culture of collaboration and mutual success. This position works with the state-level marketing team and other cross-functional partners (such as operations) to meet our financial forecast and obtain year-over-year growth. The State Wholesale Manager reports directly to the Director of Wholesale & Procurement.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Motivate sales team to meet or exceed sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Develop new account strategies, drive sales with existing accounts and establish key customer relationships
- Maintain regular communication and perform a rotation of key customer account calls
- Monitor customer, and competitor trends and provide a periodic market analysis
- Provide regular updates on the status of our wholesale accounts at a state level
- Work with state marketing team and sales to develop promotional plans, new product launches, advertising programs, and educational initiatives to drive sales with customers
- Source and monitor new business opportunities and assist with sales contracts
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Embodies the culture, values, full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives.
- A strong track record in B2B sales
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 5 years’ experience in B2B wholesale sales.
- Proven history of achieving growth and building customer relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people and time management skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to changing trends and priorities
- Knowledge of and experience in the cannabis industry preferred, but not required
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Always demonstrates high ethical and professional standards
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity and behaviors in accordance with the company vision, mission, policies and procedures
- Must have own auto, valid driver’s license, and insurance
- Is willing to travel as needed
After-hours work required for business meetings, events and customer relations including nights and weekends as needed.
This position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.