GRS Program Operations Lead
Avalara is seeking an experienced GRS Program Operations Lead who is eager to take on a new and exciting role to drive operational and organizational success in the Global Returns Service team in Brighton. You will take the lead on building and delivering a programme of work aimed at delivering a best in class VAT registration and returns service that delivers, high value services for Avalara.
You will take the lead on planning, communications, cross departmental learnings and employee outreach with a focus on great experience for customers, employees and stakeholders. You will have experience of working within a complex environment and have the ability to prioritise and deliver a roadmap to success.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding expectations and driving organizational success.
- Is the accountable owner and gatekeeper of the GRS Core operational programme of improvements.
- Working with and co-ordinating others to capture Standard Operating Processes, risks, controls and improvement opportunities across the Core business area.
- Create compelling communications, presentations and agendas to share successes, challenges and updates internal and external to the department.
- Working with our stakeholders to support prioritisation of activities that will create efficiency across the operation.
- Assist in the design and implementation of scorecards and dashboards to provide transparency and drive action in key SLA areas.
- Create effective listening posts to actively capture and solve problems, continually improving performance and quality in Core business processes.
- Supporting new initiative deliver, keeping projects moving forward and circumvent issues and risks as they arise.
- Leverage strong analytical expertise to report on progress and blockers.
- Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Assist internal team members with developing and enhancing process procedures.
- Ideally possesses project management experience
- Experience working at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to take simplify complex processes and create buy in for change and improvement from all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure end to end success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize technical and SDLC concepts.
- Six Sigma / Lean experience an advantage
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com