EMEA Mid-Market Sales Director
The Sales Director will be responsible for the execution, and growth of new business within the mid-market segment for the EMEA region (targeting companies under $1bn annual revenue). You will have responsibility for providing strategic and tactical leadership for a UK based high performing sales team. You will fulfil a highly visible and pivotal role within a rapidly growing and leading SaaS business.
You will oversee a growing mid-market team, providing training, coaching and mentoring for your team of experienced regional sales managers. Using your leadership skills, you will inspire these professionals, helping them to achieve their targets and beyond and help to lead the way for some of our greatest future talent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Will have successfully led a sales team and be able to illustrate a track record of success in delivering results
- Strategic thinker with a record of accomplishment in developing and executing short, mid and long-range sales strategies to meet and exceed targets
- Comprehensive experience with both direct and indirect sales channels, pre-sales, partners and professional services delivery teams
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to attract, develop and retain a team of talented sales professionals to execute growth
- Strong ability to develop and leverage an impactful network of relationships with prospects, customers and partners
- Ability to constantly improve the effectiveness of the sales organization, ensuring effective knowledge transfer, tools, methodologies and processes are in place to address issues impacting the team’s performance while developing strong processes and strategies to improve sales effectiveness
- Strong personal integrity and professional responsibility
- Manages people well; evaluates and deploys team members appropriately
- Reads people accurately and can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential while knowing what skills are required to fill a job or role
- Hires strong talent and gets the most and best out of the people she/he has
- Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments and holds people accountable while giving useful feedback
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, using effective processes and interpersonal skills to influence others and get things done
- Communicates effectively; writes and presents effectively and adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Delegates and develops, while keeping people informed and providing coaching
- Has the ability to work across the EMEA region with sensitivity to cultural nuances; multiple languages a plus
- Warm, friendly and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to
Business understanding, work management:
- Possesses a background in sales leadership of SaaS business and technology solutions
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally across internal teams
- Data driven with strong bias for action for correcting course where necessary to exceed goals
- Understands the mission-critical technical and functional skills required to be successful in the role
- Prior exposure and/or experience in the Compliance industry a big plus
- Understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate
- Learns new methods and technologies easily
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com