Strategic Alliance Manager
Avalara is looking for an experienced India Strategic Alliance Manager focused on the Accounting, Tax and Consulting Channel. The SAM will be responsible for creating new alliance engagements and will bring existing alliances to a strategic level.
- Recruit, establish and manage relationships with new and existing partners in order to create new opportunities for these partners and Avalara.
- Evangelise Avalara at partner events, covering internal events and partner external customer facing events.
- Create collateral to sustain Avalara's category leadership in tax automation.
- Facilitate partner opportunity planning to drive joint wins for Avalara and partners.
- Achieve software and service targets as agreed with respective partners.
- Facilitate product and program training for partners & clients through webinars and demonstrations of our product offerings.
- Help partners build sales / pre-sales capacity and capability on Avalara tax platforms.
- Drive training and certification within partner ecosystem.
- Support sales initiatives through this channel by working closely with an extended team of Avalara solutions consultants, field sales, marketing and operational resources.
- Collaborate with the Avalara Regional Sales Managers (RSM) on closing new business.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners' customers.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field, with a solid background in software sales, business development and/or channel management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team
- Five+ years high-tech industry experience of channel development or strategic alliance experience
- Software sales experience, including ERP, Accounting, CRM, and Software-as-a-Service/Cloud Computing business applications
- Experience building and monetizing relationships
- Marketing experience is not required, but preferred
- Tax and accounting experience a plus
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from a reputed Institution
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.