Senior Director - Global Strategic Partnerships, Shopify
The Senior Director, Global Strategic Partnerships is responsible for setting and leading our global strategy and business performance across one of our most strategic marketplace platform partners, Shopify.
This position will be responsible for leading the overall partner development relationship with Shopify, driving the innovation on new business models and execution of programs to meet and exceed our revenue objectives. You will serve as the General Manager of the overall partnership, driving end-to-end, long-term success, in a highly visible role.
This role is a high impact position requiring collaboration across multiple functions within Avalara including Operations, Finance, Marketing, Product, Support, and Business Development.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall partner performance and strategy that plays an integral role in the success of the overall company.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to set the partner growth strategy identifying opportunities to optimize our services footprint and improve our partners' overall experience
- Manage programs to maximize growth and yield across both new sales and services
- Work directly with our Partner Operations and Support teams to optimize our experience and support flows into the Partner's system and to provide ongoing enhancements to meet customer satisfaction requirements and introduce new product or process opportunities
- Coordinate with our Finance, Product and Program GM’s to develop and launch new services and relevant solutions
- Work directly with our Marketing organization to develop channel marketing programs, training, webinars, etc.
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations
- 10+ years of experience managing complex, enterprise level, Strategic Partnerships within the Ecommerce and Marketplace Platforms industry; experience within the Shopify ecosystem strongly preferred
- Experience in a deal environment as well as in operational roles where people leadership (both direct and indirect) is/was required
- “Super- power” in leading internal and external cross-functional teams to deliver transformative results
- Strong negotiating skills, diplomacy and project management capabilities. Adept with technology and methodologies
- Excellent judgement, mature thinker, and experience working and communicating with executives. Must have comfort level presenting to executives demonstrating intellectual curiosity
- Team player, pro- active and action-oriented. Anticipates needs, is assertive and highly accountable
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction
- Passion for winning and making a difference in the industry
- Energy and Enthusiasm with a willingness to travel
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus required, MBA desirable
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.