Salesforce DevOps Release Engineer (R6458)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
As a Salesforce Release Engineer, you will:
- Support multiple development teams in migrating metadata components to production using GitLab & VS Code
- Respond to approval requests within GitLab
- Coordinate with stakeholders and development leads to understand and mitigate risks associated with production system changes
- Leverage past experiences to improve, optimizing, and maintain existing CI/CD pipelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for SFDX functionality and best practices for complex metadata deployments
- Serve in a backup capacity for Salesforce service desk, troubleshooting issues and providing general support for Internal users
- Perform tier 2 & 3 work, such as setting up custom report types, troubleshooting Salesforce and product provisioning errors
- Triage and diagnose questions regarding integrated applications such as LeanData, Outreach, quoting tools and more
- Adhere to strict approval processes and compliance rules
- Diagnose Salesforce behavior by observing Profiles, Perm Sets, assignment rules and more
- Run SOQL queries in workbench
- Diagnose Salesforce issues as they may relate to recent deployments
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Demonstrated experience with Git and VS Code
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Experience working with Go-to-Market technologies, such as Salesloft or Outreach, Marketing platforms, LinkedIn Navigator or other Salesforce integrated tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Sciences, Information Technology, or related field
Nice To Have
- Extensive Salesforce Cloud exposure, such as: CPQ, Experience Cloud, Sales & Service Clouds.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers over a thousand pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Our diverse and inclusive culture drives Avalara's innovation and growth. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds, locations, and cultures. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERG) help us build culture and drive equity for all by removing systemic biases. ERGs help Avalara understand the cultural differences and needs of such under-represented groups.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.