Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
As a BI analyst you will build data-driven insights to fuel future opportunities for innovation and assess performance of current initiatives, by developing reporting solutions that include (but are not limited to) complex reports, dashboards and data mining, data collection and analysis documentation, and report-out activities. You will be leading the charge in developing robust data modeling strategies to transform systemic reporting into impactful information that will drive and determine operational business performance, as well as providing in depth metrics analysis to help solve complex problems. Additionally, you will be an astute storyteller, clearly communicating clean/persuasive data directly to diverse stakeholders, local and global, technical and non-technical.
- Use creativity to solve data and analytical problems for the organization.
- Visualize complex data into an easy to understand format for interpretation by leaders across the organization.
- Utilize a wide range of data technologies to manage data and reports.
- Use creative ability to evaluate and assess available relevant data sources (both internal and publicly available data) to bring them together for the given project.
- Work closely with various customer success stakeholders to define the information needed and how best to present it.
- Support program and customer success leadership with timely recurring and ad-hoc analysis.
- Partner with diverse group of Avalara teams including data warehouse, data science, product/engineering and operational teams for sources of information and an "aligned data story"
- Present end-to-end workflow demonstrations for internal clients on created reports and analytics.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a lead data analyst.
- Experience of accessing, transforming, analyzing, modeling, reporting on data from multiple sources.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Proficient in using MS SQL Server and MS Reporting Server.
- Expert knowledge of Power BI, DAX and M, dimensional data modeling.
- Expert knowledge of creating visually appealing, great reports and dashboards using relevant visualizations in Power BI.
- Working knowledge of data flows and streaming data sets in Power BI.
- Experience with alerts, subscriptions, security and access controls for Power BI reports.
- Proficient in capturing and analyzing business requirements and questions, formulating KPIs/Metrics.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience of working with executives and leadership, collaborating with technical teams such as data warehouse and data science teams.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of data warehouse, ETL, data architecture, master data management, data standards and governance.
- Knowledge of Salesforce data structures, reports and dashboards.
- Creating Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Models using Power BI/Azure AI services or open platforms.