Tax Analyst, Comms (5533)
The goal of the Compliance Analyst is to exceed customers’ expectations by providing exceptional customer support in addition to producing timely and accurate results. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills, and strong communication skills are essential. The Tax Compliance Analyst is a customer facing representative for their customers’ experience.
- Manage the customers’ expectations and overall experience
- Receive, review and process customers’ data files
- Prepare and remit transaction tax returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Address jurisdictional notices and resolve the issues
- Prepare month-end reports for customers’ records
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other four-year degree with equivalent experience
- Proven computer technical skills – MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Team-player, customer-centric attitude
- Deadline driven
- Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
- Enjoy details, working with data and performing analysis
- Provide examples of process improvements
- Proven computer technical skills – Alteryx, Tableau, SQL
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.