Manager, Software Release & Quality
In this role, you will be leading a team of engineers who are responsible for the design, maintenance, and execution of test plans and deployments of software for a complex global software product. You will be expected to work closely with Software Development, Product Management, Application Security and SaaS Operations in order to produce high-quality solutions utilizing a CI/CD model.
You will oversee all testing and validation responsibilities which include estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities. You will also be responsible for all code branching, scripting test/release artifacts and controlling software deployments to production.
You will be responsible for managing the team members to optimize their effectiveness by mentoring, coaching, and training while providing regular and constructive performance feedback.
- Manage a team of Quality Assurance and Software Development Engineers
- Create, maintain, and enforce quality and release policies and procedures within the team
- Establish yourself as a quality expert in the team, advocating for complete code coverage of a large codebase in order to enable continuous delivery
- Help to create and maintain enterprise level documentation for a new and fast-growing solution
- Assist the team in improving and adding to monitoring systems, in order to achieve complete clarity as to product stability in CI, QA, and production environments
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in software test engineering, 2 years’ of release management, and 2 years’ of resource management
- Track record of being an effective leader and advocate for best QA practices for continuous deployment for high uptime environments
- Experience with CI/CD and source code tools like Jenkins and GitLab
- SDLC and testing documentation experience.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases and the ability to train the team in this area
- Hands-on experience with black box and white box testing
- Branching and merging of source code.
- Experience testing RESTful web services
- Creating and maintaining Jenkins jobs and Terraform scripts
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to work from our Durham NC office on a daily basis
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.