Senior Frontend Engineer
- Work with Product Managers and Architects to come up with low fidelity mockups for user research.
- Articulate your solutions and clearly communicate why you're making certain design decisions.
- Take feedback from users, product teams, and iterate your design.
- Build engaging and enriching user interfaces from the mockups that emerge after feedback.
- You'll be working with an engineering team that uses CI/CD, TDD, and other industry-standard practices.
- You'll be mentoring colleagues to improve and ensure engineering practices.
- Responsive design techniques, highly proficient with strong security and performance optimization techniques.
- Good exposure to server-side languages like Java, Ruby, etc. to collaborate with Developers.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop / Sketch / Figma mockup tools and best optimization techniques.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.