Customer Account Manager
- Establish a professional working relationship with day to day users up to the executive level
- Manage a pipeline of add-on and upsell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota
- Responsible for customer retention (dollar and logo) throughout the renewal sales cycle
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interaction, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organization to ensure renewal and expansion sales
- Understand a clients' business environment and uncover their sales and use tax challenges to recommend additional products/services
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Success Manager to promote client retention and satisfaction
- Create a win-win environment for the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to contracts, pricing and service fees.
- Leverage the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address client satisfaction issues
- Present a professional image via communication skills, both proactively and when under duress
- Grow relationships with key client contacts to ensure we add value at every step and ultimately get a client to promote us to their peers
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the sales and CAM team
- Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to clients related to best practices in managing sales and use tax
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience working with senior executive level personnel
- Experience negotiating contracts or facilitating resolution to customer problems
- Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking
- Proven track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators
- Minimum 5 years of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience
- Specialized knowledge of compliance services, including sales and use tax calculation, exemption certificate management, filing and remittance, and related services would be a distinct advantage
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.