Sr. Software Engineer - Web Technology (UX/UI)
Application development has shifted rapidly, embracing modern web technologies. Join a team on the edge of that shift, building web applications to help us serve our customers better.
The UX team is looking for engineers with a strong desire to create web applications that are easy for our customers to use and will help them through their entire lifecycle from simplifying online buying to quickly and easily manage their accounts.
We’re big on Node/Express and Ember, and heavily optimized for AWS Cloud, but don’t let that deter you. We’re always looking to incorporate new technology to make us more efficient in our goal to drive customer success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes readable, maintainable, and test-covered code, setting high standards for the team
- Investigates and fixes bugs, taking primary responsibility for software quality problems observed in the project and especially on owned features
- Contributes to the architectural design of new features and improvement of existing features
- Helps improve team processes and expertise by participating in designs and code reviews, and by suggesting new processes and tools. Enjoys mentoring others and taking feedback in order to improve.
- Owns expertise in specific technology areas relevant to the project
- Actively engages with developing industry tools and practices in order to remain current
- Education - BE, MCA, MCS
- Technical Skills -
- Experience with NodeJS, NPM and ExpressJS middle-tier development
- Solid working knowledge of HTML, CSS and current web standards
- Proficiency with supplemental technologies such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related field
- Strong passion for customers.
o Preferred Qualifications
- Background in Visual/Interaction/UX design
- Background of Java, .Net, SQL Server
- Prior experience building web applications for SaaS companies Experience and comfort with continuous integration and automated build-check processes.