Partner Marketing Manager - Emerging
The Avalara team is hiring for a Partner Marketing Manager who will have responsibility for helping to drive growth through our Emerging partnerships. The Partner Marketing Manager will be responsible for to and through-partner marketing initiatives, with a focus on strengthening relationships with partners and driving co-marketing to activate prospects at various stages of the sales funnel. The Partner Marketing Manager will work directly with partners and internal teams (including sales, corporate marketing, and others) to drive channel marketing initiatives that result in the creation of new leads and opportunities.
Responsibilities will include developing go-to-market strategies for assigned partners and executing on all elements of the demand mix, including campaigns, webinars, events, email communications, web content, partner training programs, and partner loyalty and incentive programs.
– To and through-partner communications
– Strategize with partners on best in class marketing activities
– Leverage corporate marketing and scale partner marketing programs
– Keep abreast of channel/industry news
– Work with internal teams to identify sales tools and training programs
– Help develop the vision for driving growth in long-tail Emerging partners
– Execute through-partner demand generation activities
– Execute long-tail partner programs
– Work with marketing to support partner events
– Provide training and support on tools and programs
– Help partners improve their digital presence (as it related to Avalara)
– Be an ambassador and evangelist for Avalara and Emerging partners inside and outside of the organization
– Understand and be able to report on what is working well (for the partner and internally)
Programs & Systems
– Measure and delivers positive ROI on major program initiatives
– Create repeatable, high-value partner enablement tools
– Source content for partner newsletters
– Oversee partner case studies
– Utilize partner program tools, such as the Avalara partner portal and Salesforce (or similar CRM)
– Knowledge in creative content design and lead generation tools a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field, with a background in sales and marketing or account management if not specifically in channel development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills
- Entrepreneurial, high-growth mentality
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simulaneously
- Limited travel required
- Five years high-tech industry experience with extensive successful experience with software channels and working with development solution partners (DSPs)
- Software marketing experience, including ERP, Accounting, CRM, and Software-as-a-Service/Cloud Computing business applications
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.