Sr. Account Based Marketing Manager
Avalara is seeking a Sr. Account Based Marketing Manager to drive and execute our successful enterprise marketing strategy. Avalara is a B2B SaaS company and the largest global provider of sales and use tax automation software. We have thousands of customers and recently completed a public stock offering. Avalarians make really complex things around business taxes and compliance really simple and really fast, so companies of all sizes can focus on what they do best and leave tax compliance to us.
Are you an energetic and detail-oriented marketer who has a knack for understanding market segments especially enterprise businesses and passion for partnering with Sales to drive results? Do you constantly work with a sense of urgency, have a keen ability to adapt to change, and are motivated to see the fruits of your efforts in higher sales? Then we want to talk with you! If you have a passion for account-based marketing, understanding and finding target audiences, and partnering with sales teams, we have the role for you!
The Sr. Account Based Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing marketing programs focused on enterprise businesses that contribute to Avalara's demand generation and revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be able to scale Avalara's ABM program and build relationships with stakeholders throughout the company. This candidate will be analytically minded and able to report program success based on funnel metrics, including opportunities and wins. The role will work closely with Marketing stakeholders as well as Sales to ensure programs are timely, creative, measurable, flawlessly executed, and drive revenue.
- Develop a holistic ABM strategy in conjunction with the Audience manager to support our enterprise and strategic initiatives.
- End-to-end coordination and management of enterprise focused program including planning, promotion, execution, follow-up, and reporting for all ABM initiatives.
- Test, measure and optimize programs and tactics on an ongoing basis to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use a variety of data sources and marketing technology to identify target accounts and target prospects to include in ABM programs.
- Act as the ABM subject matter expert and partner with other marketing teams to drive their ABM efforts.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations to deliver, report on, and optimize success of campaigns where needed.
- Serve as the point person for the Sales team to educate and inform them of all programs, providing detailed instructions for promotion, execution, and follow-up.
- Provide reports and visibility for each campaign to track responses, opportunity creation, and influence.
- Support and optimize program initiatives from the broader marketing team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years of relevant marketing experience.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with a variety of roles, from executives to sales representatives. You must be able to forge effective relationships and help energize SDRs with your campaigns and your efforts.
- Extreme attention to detail, time management, organization skills.
- Excellent planning, project management, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to strategize and analyze program effectiveness and ROI.
- Experience with Salesforce and ABM and data tools (6sense/Sendoso/D&B) a plus.
- Must have a positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced environment and be able to build strong relationships across various departments and functions
- Bachelor degree required.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.