Partner Implementation Manager
As a Partner Implementation Manager (PIM) for the Avalara for Accountants program, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient onboarding of accounting firms who purchase one or more products as part of the Avalara for Accountants (A4A) program, enabling firms to successfully use Avalara products and technologies to serve their clients. Typically, these services include the filing of sales and use tax returns but may encompass other products for firms to use in offering services to their clients such as license management, registrations, document management and others as the A4A product line expands.
Essential duties of the Partner Implementation Manager include:
- Train firms on the use of the products they purchased
- Develop a customized success plan for each firm as they enter the onboarding process
- Provide project management to new firms to ensure adherence to timelines, minimize risk, and support the firm's successful completion
- Provide support and coaching of firms during their onboarding phase, with the goal of self-sufficiency of firms
- Evaluate effectiveness of training, tools, and best practices and drive improvements to increase effectiveness and minimize demand on Avalara supporting personnel
- Report on and escalate as necessary issues that affect our partners and their ability to successfully deliver on Avalara's mission
- Maintain internal systems as necessary, including but not limited to Salesforce
- Analyze and provide reporting on effectiveness of partners and their delivery
- Reporting on customer and partner satisfaction
- Contribute to defining best practices for new and unknown scenarios.
As a Partner Implementation Manager, you are in an influential and impactful position with the ability to delight accounting firms and create raving advocates who catapult the success of the Avalara for Accountants program.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree and 8+ years of directly related experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with Indirect tax
- Experience filing Sales and Use Tax returns
- Experience in a customer service / support role
- Experience and a proven desire to train, coach, mentor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Minimum of 1 year as a successful Implementation Specialist II or III Sales & Use Tax (SALT) experience
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.