Sales Development Representative
Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast-growing cloud technology business? We are looking for highly energetic, customer-centric, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development organization as an Inside Sales Representative. You will gain experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Avalara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level!
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products.
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience.
- Build an excellent knowledge of products and services to be sold.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products.
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences.
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities.
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and with the organization as a whole
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Interested in the pursuit of mastery through practice, commitment, and discipline.
- Strong desire to be in technology sales.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative.
- Supporting US clientele and will be required to work in Night Shifts.
- Minimum qualification required will be a Graduate.
- Master's Degree is strongly preferred in Sales & Marketing.
- 1-5 Years of corporate experience, outside of undergraduate graduation (Software sales is a plus)
- Prior inside sales experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.