Strategic Partner Manager – Ecommerce (6198)
The Strategic Partner Manager – Ecommerce is responsible for setting and leading our global strategy across a subset of strategic ecommerce partners. This position will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of programs to meet and exceed our revenue objectives while also working with the partner to meet theirs. This role is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within Avalara including Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product and Business Development as well as with our International teams.
This is a role that is responsible for the overall strategy for ecommerce partnerships that plays an integral role in the success of the overall company.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to set the Go to Market Strategy for ecommerce partners
- Manage programs to maximize net sales revenue across both new sales and add-on and upsell.
- Work directly with product and technical teams to optimize our integration into the Partner’s system and to provide ongoing enhancements to meet customer satisfaction requirements and introduce new product opportunities.
- Work directly with our Partner Sales and Alliances Organization to develop channel marketing programs, training, collateral, etc.
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations in the ecommerce ecosystem to ensure Avalara maintains its leadership position
- 5+ years of experience managing ecommerce partnerships or system integrators within the top ecommerce platforms (i.e. Shopify Plus, Magento, BigCommerce, Salesforce, Hybris)
- Ability to think outside the box, formulate opinions and drive change
- Background formalizing and executing partner business plans with a track record of success
- Experience and exposure into partner platform management or program management
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Energy and Enthusiasm with a willingness to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.