CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
Review submissions by customers for completeness and accuracy Handle tax registrations and other business related compliance filings Communicate with Authority representatives to obtain clarification or instruction regarding particular business scenarios and/or filing requirements- primarily telephonically or via email. Corresponds with customers regarding business activity and licensing issues as needed Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer skills, such as email, internet searching, familiarity with Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate personal computer and various software packages
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
KEY COMPETENCIES TO BE EVALUATED
- communication skills - written and verbal
- problem solving
- work under pressure
- high energy level
- planning skills
Education and experience equivalent to:
B.A./B.S. degree with 1 year work experience, or High School Equivalency with 2 years' experience in related field. Prior experience in a tax department, finance department or other deadline oriented service environment preferred.
Other compliance related experience also considered on a preferential basis.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.