Inside Strategic Alliance Manager (6199)
Avalara is looking for a passionate, high energy Inside Strategic Alliance Manager to join our rapidly growing organization.
- Recruit, re-engage, train and market with accounting partners.
- Maintain a diverse portfolio of partners e.g. Accounting and Consulting Partner recruitment and activation
- Build out & maintain partner profile information and contact information as well as log calls and communications in SalesForce (SFDC)
- Act as the point of contact to increase partner knowledge and proactively train partners regarding general tax, Avalara product, services, resources and differentiators
- Generate partner driven pipeline through pro-active prospecting with partner’s customer facing reps
- Lead partner marketing efforts with the help of Partner Marketing Managers for marketing and co-marketing opportunities (lunch-n-learns, seminars, webinars, campaigns, trade shows) with key partners
- Grow your partner account base through pro-active recruitment in targeted channels
- Provide clear and organized reporting regarding your active partners, target partners, and territory.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with top partners and assist Strategic Alliance Managers in monitoring progress towards strategic goals, maintain momentum in specific channels
- Provide feedback to channel peers and leadership regarding market intelligence, competition, knowledge gaps and other valuable insights gained while working with partners
- Act as a liaison between our sales teams and partners to help build working relationships resulting in growing our bookings numbers/meeting and/or exceeding your territory goals
- Manage a daily queue of partner inquiries regarding sales, product, commissions, customer escalations, etc
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 2+ years of Partner/Channel experience in the Technology industry
- Strong customer service experience, developing and maintaining relationships
- Possesses a solid sales foundation with an outgoing, optimistic personality
- Ability to create genuine relationships through phone, email, and web meetings
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with the ability take ownership and initiative approaching all tasks and projects proactively
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Competency with Salesforce, Outlook, SalesLoft, Excel and Office Suite, Atlassian/Jira a plus
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and a positive approach
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.