Sr. UX Software Engineer (6242)
We're building the next generation of tooling for our Content Researchers and are looking for a collaborative team player to join us! We work as part of a globally distributed agile software engineering team. As a Software Engineer, your focus will be to complete necessary deliverables and contribute to the vision, and value proposition, of what our team delivers.
You will be responsible for progressing the development of our tax research information management system. This position is well suited to a software engineer who has a desire to solve problems with technology and enjoys working with intelligent users with high standards and expectations.
- 6+ Years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience building single page apps in one or more modern framework (Vue, Angular, React, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of modern desktop web standards and CSS
- Experience with a different types of APIs
- Basic understanding of relational database principles, ability to read and write SQL
- Demonstrates experience and interest in creating great user experiences
- Values/enjoys prototyping, user-testing, training, documenting; generally engaging with people
- Experience with distributed source control tools and development workflow (git experience is ideal, but source control alternatives are OK too)
- Thorough understanding of testing strategies and tools
- Web application security fundamentals
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Web mapping tech, specifically OpenLayers, Mapbox GL, Turf.js
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- AWS or similar cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understands what to look for and how to make a code review productive
- Integration Testing
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment setups (Jenkins or similar)
- Previous experience working with transaction tax, customs brokerage, VAT or similar Exposure
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.