ETL Lead Developer
- Translate business and functional requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture at Avalara
- Design and develop data pipelines, data ingestion and ETL processes that are scalable, repeatable and secure for stakeholder needs
- Ensuring Product Quality by working closely with Product
- Mentor junior data engineers
- Strong emphasis on engineering best practices including; Peer Reviews, Code Inspections, and Automation
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to stakeholders
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with partner teams
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in software engineering – Data field
- Atleast 2+ years of experience in AWS ETL ecosystem
- Should have working experience in AWS ecosystem services like S3/Athena AWS Athena/ Redshift/ Lambda/ S3/ Step functions, SQS, SNS
- Should have working experience in Pyspark/Python scripting/ Scala
- Should have experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Should be able to schedule recurring ETL jobs, chain multiple jobs together, or invoke jobs on-demand from other services like AWS Lambda or step functions
- Should be able to do performance tuning
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Organize, cleanse, validate, and format data for storage
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.