Sr Director, Digital Experience
- Generate category, brand, and product awareness for key audiences leveraging thought leadership content and free tools.
- Shape comprehension of the Avalara story, products and services online.
- Build experiences delightful and easy to use – with an emphasis on education, consideration, and conversion
- Align design and digital touch points and handoffs with all Avalara experiences to all audiences.
The Sr. Director, Digital Experience leads the Digital Experience team to drive the strategy and workstreams to both deliver an engaging and enriching website and experience, but also simultaneously continues to optimize the buyer journeys. Our website is our most strategic marketing asset, and we are rapidly transforming it into the go to resource for all tax compliance topics and solutions. As we increase the pace of new products launches, expansion around the globe, it is critical that we design many buyer’s journeys to appropriately service all segments of the market from self-serve experiences for smaller businesses, to deep education for the most sophisticated global enterprises.
As our website becomes one of the most trafficked websites for tax content, the DE Leader will continuously review the infrastructure and technical stack required to deliver and optimize this property. As the primary campaign response channel, developing, implementing, and optimizing new website-tools (ROI tools, Tax solution wizards, sophisticated form/application experiences, chat, etc.) is critical to our success.
- Design, usability, merchandising of marketing sites & tools.
- Strategy, design & dev requirements for user facing web products and site features.
- Site testing, research and analysis.
- Planning & promotion of products, key campaigns, and offers.
- Align all digital touch points with other Avalara experiences. (service, learning, developer, etc).
- Optimization of funnels, tools, pages for conversion.
- Continued review of our Martech stack as it relates to the website, acquisitions, and customer experience enablement.
KEY GOALS AND METRICS
- User testing and research results.
- Site traffic (by channel, geo, referral source, etc).
- Site engagement & user behavior (usage, conversion, funnel velocity, bounce, etc).
- Organic impact to the pipeline (responses, opps).
- All conversion metrics that lead to consideration and purchase.
- BS degree in business, marketing, or engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years managing website and digital
- 5+ years in B2B marketing
- 5+ years supervisory experience with internal staff and vendors
- Strong understanding of latest online marketing concepts, tactics, strategy and best practices
- Thought leadership on managing the customer experience from an end-to-end perspective focused on creating deep and significant customer relationships.
- Must have a track record of driving revenue growth, launching new products and strengthening brands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent strategic, conceptual, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and vendor management skills
- Highly competent in creating and driving process across a matrixed business structure
- Efficient project management skills to meet deadlines
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.