Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for technical management and health maintenance for Enterprise customers. This involves acting as the authoritative technical escalation and ownership point, across multiple products to meet support entitlement levels, driving ticket resolution.
As a TAM in the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you will drive higher technical satisfaction than other cohorts and gain a comprehensive familiarity with Enterprise customer’s operational environment, to leverage for troubleshooting and guidance. The TAM will forge a positive and lasting relationship with key customer representatives.
- Own TAM technical support issues through resolution
- Perform timely support ticket analysis and response for enterprise cases. Including issue replication, research, root cause analysis and document accordingly
- Host informative or escalation meetings with enterprise level customers
- Act as a customer advocate and liaison with design, development, product and support teams for all customer issues
- Participate in meetings with customers and program management teams, providing ticket disposition and additional information as deemed necessary
- Ensure up to date knowledge of customers current and future environment
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with key customer contacts
- Identify customer challenges and mitigate where applicable
- Create knowledge articles and documentation to support internal and external customers
- Drive development ticket resolution to support customers’ issues and requests
- Provide advanced support for designated Avalara Partners
- Understand and become technically conversant in the existing and new product offerings
- Exceptional judgement and customer relationship management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting enterprise level software and/or customers
- Critical thinking/analysis to include
- Troubleshooting the most efficient resolution or escalation
- Prioritization of open development tickets
- Data analysis feedback to Product teams on opportunity areas
- Pro-active suggestions based on ticket trends
- Expertise in SF use and ticket queue management to include:
- Ticket assignment base on skill set
- Workload analysis and assignment balancing
- Advanced ticket driver analysis and root cause identity
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Advanced issue troubleshooting skills for the most efficient resolution and/or escalations
- Strong team collaborator across multiple functional areas.
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience working as a Technical Account Manager (TAM), supporting enterprise level software and/or customers
- And/or Proficiency in technical workings of at least two core Avalara applications, to include:
- API functionality (Function and error identification)
- Campaign management
- Certificate application, management and system flow through
- AvaTax connector functionality (Big 5)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Mastery of data flow between customer and any relevant Avalara products
- And/or proficiency in operation and technical workings of Returns Excise and AvaTax Excise
- And/or proficiency in operation and technical workings of Communications applications and services
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical interworking with all other relevant products in Avalara Portfolio
- Avalara Excise
- OEM connectors
- D365, Dynamics AX/GP/NAV, Sage
- Technical abilities to include the following:
- Database analysis
- Database structural knowledge
- competency in APIs and data manipulation
- Relational knowledge of customer/certificate/data feed/ data source
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements.
- Mastery of data flows between customer and Avalara products.
- Background in accounting and taxation
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.