VP, Financial Planning & Analysis (6446)
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That’s what we’re doing here at Avalara.
We’re looking for a mission-driven leader to join our world-class Finance team as our Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to expand our existing FP&A team and enhance our strategy and execution to support our rapidly scaling global company. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will partner with business leaders across the company to provide insight into financial and operating trends in support of the company’s growth. The ideal candidate will have superior analytical skills, be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels in the organization.
- Partner with leaders to model and analyze key businesses and product initiatives in support of faster, more analytical decision making
- Lead the company’s consolidated annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes
- Evolve and maintain a robust financial model that produces current year and long-term consolidated income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow projections
- Deliver consistent, timely monthly reporting packages covering financial and operational performance metrics and trends to executive leadership and senior management
- Provide detailed explanations and variance analyses around actual results, key trends, and underlying business drivers
- Lead a team in charge of managing the company’s bookings and commissions processes and reporting
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address and resolve issues that impact financial results
- Evangelize the use of consistent financial and operating data, methodologies, and findings by stakeholders across functions
- Support the Investor Relations and Financial Reporting teams by preparing reports and analyses for Board of Director and investor presentations and other external reporting requirements
- Implement processes, systems and tools that improve and streamline the financial reporting and forecasting processes
- Partner with key business stakeholders to prepare ad-hoc analysis and financial models to support strategic and operational decisions
- 10+ years of FP&A experience, including experience managing an FP&A team
- Software industry experience, ideally with a SaaS company
- Successful track record optimizing and automating internal processes (quote to cash, etc.) for the benefit of financial reporting and analysis
- Ability to drive discipline and accountability in an organization while maintaining positive working relationships
- Strong analytical skills coupled with significant experience analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data from multiple systems to provide unique insight into business issues
- Experience working with an FP&A automation tool; Adaptive Insights preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience building detailed financial models
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Expertise translating operational data and trends into financial results
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, with a proven track record of partnering within and across functions to improve processes and drive results
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar quantitative field
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification (MBA/CPA/CFA)
- Public company finance and/or accounting experience
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, Tableau, and/or Power BI
- Past Treasury experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.