Technical Support Engineer
- As a member of the Avalara Support team your goal is to provide world-class service to our customers. He/she will be expected to live by our ‘cult of the custom; philosophy and will be held accountable for increasing the overall satisfaction of our customer base through assisting in the creation and implementation of customer centric processes and workflow, performing to prescribed metrics goals and contributing to an environment of accountability, growth and positive employee morale.
- The Technical Support Engineer will provide and in-depth level of technical support to our customer base and various departments within Avalara for specified software and SaaS products. This involves taking customer phone calls, responding to customer emails and chats in a timely manner.
- Serve as front line contact for external customers by answering technical support telephone calls and emails
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of SaaS software applications
- Act as an advocate for the customer and effectively communicate feedback to and from the members of our product development, product management etc. in a very clear and concise method
- Take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution
- Assist internal groups with technical issues and inquiries
- Set up test environments to verify reported software bugs and record in our issue tracking system - Jira
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records on our ticket tracking system – Salesforce
- Create support documentation to be used internally as well as for customers
- Meet individual case management, SLA and C-SAT goals
- Proactively monitor the customer's environment by running reports and activity logs and product usage to identify application issues that prevent customers from achieving system supported business objectives
- Maintain customer support call communications in our CRM application - Salesforce
- Help expand the knowledge base towards self-serving customers by producing relevant, accurate documentation like FAQs, User manuals, Installation guides etc
- Effectively train customers on Avalara product(s)
- Should be able to write basic database queries and troubleshoot customer issues
- Be open to accept additional responsibilities assigned to meet the deadlines
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Education - BE, MCA, MCS
- 3+ years' experience, providing direct technical support to external customers by phone and electronically
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations, in a professional manner
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both orally and written Business communication, with individuals of varying technical skills and abilities
- Work collaboratively with willingness to listen and work in fast paced challenging environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and execute cross-functionally
- Good-to-Have (Added advantage)
- Conversant with working with XML
- Conversant with API
- Database knowledge
- Knowledge of Sales Tax (VAT & Use Tax)
- Experience in ERP Domain
- Experience with Product based company
- Experience with SaaS based solutions
- Critical thinking
- Experience of tracking tools like Salesforce & Atlassian Jira
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.