Business Analyst, Data Services (R2120)
Looking for a Business Analyst, who will play an integral role in informing business decisions, facilitating data integration & communicating within the team for clear business requirements. This role is both functional and technical, who will communicate with stakeholders & technical team in a Datawarehouse & BI system and understands complex business requirements and translates them in clear requirements. Also, the person should have excellent communication & planning skills.
- Experience in documenting use cases / requirements for following business process
- Quoting / Sales Order Process (New Sales, Add-ons, Upgrades, Downgrades, etc.)
- Subscription Management (Renewals, Upgrades, Downgrades, Cancellations, etc.)
- Billing operations Processes
- Revenue Recognition Process
- Experience in documenting ETL process requirements
- Experience in documenting Analytical Reports requirements
- Experience understanding and working with ETL, BI and Analytics solutions.
- Experience working with SQL and performing Data analysis to support the projects.
- Experience working in a finance domain in handling billing, revenue, and bookings
- 1-2 years experience working in ETL tools like Talend and BI Tools like Power BI / SSRS/ Tableau is preferred
- Understanding and Documenting existing Billing operations and Sales order operations systems and helping in bridging the gap between these systems and technical team to develop the system with wholistic viewpoint.
- Coordinate with Business users to understand the requirement and work with development and support teams to develop new business requirements and support various business processes.
- Proactively manage expectations and communicate risks with all initiated work to all involved teams.
- Should have good analytical skills to find gaps in business requirements.
- Define work scope, deliverables, in collaboration with development teams and business users.
- Performing User acceptance testing and taking projects to the closure
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum team and bring in right perspective of business team.
- Facilitate cross-functional team ceremonies to help stay aligned.
- Proactively manage expectations and communicate risks with all initiated work to all involved parties.
- Guide continuous improvement on processes, ceremonies, and tooling in an effort to mature the service
- Detailed-oriented team player with an ownership mindset.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.