Director, Global Strategic Accounting Partnerships
Avalara is looking for a highly motivated and successful Director, Strategic Accounting Partnerships to manage Big-4 relationships globally. This individual will leverage their relationship management expertise, industry experience, and business development experience to build upon the existing Big-4 relationships. Will have responsibility for driving the global strategy and execution of programs to meet and exceed our objectives, customer and partners success targets and overall partner profitability. This is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions in Avalara including but not limited to Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product, Business Development as well as with our international teams. Additionally, requires collaboration with the complicated structure of a Big-4 firm.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall global strategy that plays an integral role in the success of the company.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-year go-to-market strategy across Big-4 ecosystems.
- Lead regular executive reviews to align cross-functional support and update progress to goals.
- Responsible for driving “sell-to” success within these strategic accounts.
- Responsible for “P & L” ownership for the overall growth, experience, and efficiency of the relationship.
- Develop, foster and extend a network of “executive relationships” at key partner firms.
- Architect and execute a rolling 12-month joint product development plan with key firms to keep the ecosystem aligned with Avalara and firm innovations and changes.
- Build data driven business case justification to drive cross functional decisions on products, programs, and business terms to drive ARR growth of your ecosystems.
- Analyze data and derive meaning, find trends and develop plans to address opportunities and corrections. Report on the progress and impact of the plans.
- Collaborate with functional groups to address customer and partner success issues. Identify root causes and engage the appropriate partner groups to create joint plans to correct and improve key metrics.
- Continually reassess and if necessary, realign the team's strategy to optimize performance.
- Develop long lasting relationships with key firm stakeholders
- CPA or related advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Public Accounting, managing strategic Partnerships with Big 4, and/or strategy consulting.
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and have substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Experience with building, developing, and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Technically Savvy. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Experience managing global client partnerships and/or key strategic partner relationships involving robust strategic account planning and a cadence to drive successful execution.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Diligent at measuring and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plans
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic global accounting partners.
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Willingness to travel and experienced in Global markets
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.