Sr. Product Manager – Global Web Platform (6175)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
The Sr. Product Manager for Avalara's Global Web App/Platform will work with Avalara’s product teams to bring our suite of tax compliance products together under a single, compelling UI that delivers meaningful value to organizations of all sizes and end-user needs across the complexity spectrum. Included in the web platform is a suite of tools and services that will ultimately allow for Avalara product teams to accelerate development while delivering a unified, consistent, high quality and secure user experience.
- Work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs (e.g. other PMs, operations, business development, sales, marketing & customer success teams)
- Create and update roadmap for Avalara’s User Interface by 1) identifying new products or features that solve problems and automate otherwise manual processes, and 2) establishing shared vision across company stakeholders by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Deliver requirements in partnership with Design/UX with an iterative, pragmatic approach to feature delivery
- Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques (e.g. wireframes and mockups)
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement
- Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager for web & SaaS-based UI/UX
- 7+ years overall experience with some startup experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies and toolchain (e.g. Jira)
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise
- Demonstrated experience partnering with design teams on UI/UX
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive results through influence
- Very strong English written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing a UX platform, including shared components, tools, services and design system
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Preferred Qualifications
- MBA in a relevant field
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Experience with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience with analytics platforms like Heap, FullStory, and Adobe
- Work on data models with hands-on SQL experience to write queries and perform data analysis
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.comAvalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.