Director of Product Management
In this role, you will lead a team of product managers and UX designers based in Pune, India who collaborate with multiple product, engineering, and user experience teams around the world. Members of your team contribute to driving best-of-breed, high growth, integrated solutions used by companies to manage their global sales tax compliance obligations. In addition to ensuring that our solutions put the customer first, you’ll drive alignment within Avalara to deliver great products that make our customers’ lives easier.
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator who is a strategic, organized, forward-looking performer. You lead by example, have a self-driven sense of urgency, and have an exceptional ability to foster collaboration. If that sounds like you, we hope you will apply.
- Interact with customers and Avalara subject matter experts to understand market needs
- Work closely with product managers and product leaders to drive consolidated strategies and roadmaps across teams and product lines
- Understand the competitive landscape of the product portfolio
- Work with product managers on goal setting and plan execution
- Be an evangelist of the Avalara product strategy
- Articulate a clear and compelling product vision for how each product area will align with overall corporate goals
- Define metrics that measure key business objectives
- Bring subject matter expertise about GST compliance requirements
- Partner with other Avalara leaders and stakeholders to drive strong relationships that foster goal achievement and issue resolution
- A strong leadership style that combines product, operational, program and sales knowledge and experience to ensure end to end accountability
- 8+ years related experience with a mix of roles that contribute to overall customer success
- Track record of leading products and product teams from inception through launch for solutions that target small, mid and enterprise-level businesses
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, salesforce, etc.
- Experience defining complex customer journeys
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who can drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science); MBA desirable
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. Avalara completed their IPO on June 15, 2018. The company is listed on NYSE under the symbol AVLR. More information at: www.avalara.com