Engineering Manager - .NET, AvaTax
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead engineers; develops engineering action plans to guide timely development of projects.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall Project by prioritizing, planning and tracking development progress.
- Provide Trainings and ensure their Technical Competency with respect to the Project needs.
- Implement and follow agile/scrum processes.
- Design and code new features and functionalities.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Work with Customers, QA and other stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with best technical solution.
- Spearhead various Research and Development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience Building Web-apps.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience into Leading and Managing technical team
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong experience in C#, SQL and Webservices.
- Good to have experience in WCF, Microservices.
- Working experience on Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Ability to write great documentation
- Passion to see your product be the best in the business
Good to have:
- Development experience in multiple programming languages with a preference in C#
- Deployment automation scripting experience (Terraform, Packer, Jenkins)
- Familiar with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with .NET Core development
- Familiar with AvaTax