Product Manager, Tax Research
As a Product Manager for Tax Research, you will be responsible for defining the specifications and roadmap for key pieces of Avalara's Tax Research platform, delivering on growth and enhanced operational efficiency initiatives. This is a mission critical, wide-ranging subscription product that is rapidly growing and expanding into new tax types and geographies.
Work with customers to understand their needs, and translate those needs into feature enhancements and new products
Be / become an expert in your product's space
Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy and roadmap that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
Serve as agile Product Owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
Build alignment and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure a great end-to-end customer experience and effective customer-facing launches
Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
Evangelize and communicate tax research roadmap with customers, cross-functional stakeholders, and executives - achieving understanding and alignment of prioritization decisions through transparency, collaboration, and with customer-evidenced conviction.
- 5+ years overall professional career experience
- 3+ years experience as a SaaS Product Manager in the B2B space
- Willingness to engage with current and prospective customers to understand their needs, workflows, and context
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience creating customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver developer-ready requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Have a mix of startup and big company experience, and are familiar with the opportunities and challenges in a high-growth environment
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.