Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking an HR Coordinator.
As our HR Coordinator, you’ll be part of our global HR Team working on our internal HR data and systems and will work to make new and existing team members have an excellent experience as they onboard or transfer teams. You will also be utilizing our HRIS systems and searching for ways to streamline/optimize how we work.
• Help maintain the integrity of our HR data through auditing and entering data used during the employee lifecycle and help maintaining job profiles, job families and compensation data.
• Support and partner across the HR team to document and process changes in the HRMS when employees change managers, cost centers, teams or locations, ensuring a high degree of accuracy
• Create and maintain employee files and related records, track annual trainings,
• Support onboarding activities for new talent including coordinating new employee activities, answering questions, entering and maintaining data in E-verify
• Provide administrative support to the HR Operations team including verifications of employment, monitoring and responding to questions and requests, developing and following HR procedures and recommending improvements
• Provide project level support across HR for key initiatives
• Support HR compliance activities through weekly I-9 audits, support audit and SOX compliance requests, and HRIS data quality audits.
• Proactively seek and take initiative for process improvements and automation to assist in scaling the HR Operations team.
• 3+ years of HR operations experience with processing high volume of transactions, ideally in fast-paced, high growth environment
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discretely and professionally
• Strong communicator (written and oral), demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills including listening for details and creating an outstanding employee experience
• Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed
• Approaches challenges with curiosity and offers new solutions and ideas
• Experience with an HRIS system and excellent Excel skills is preferred
• Prior experience with Workday is a plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.