Director, Product Management, Lodging and Beverage Alcohol
Position Overview / Job Summary
This role will lead a team of product managers responsible for driving best-of-breed, high growth, integrated solutions used by companies to manage their global sales tax compliance obligations. The role will also drive segment product strategy and align with Avalara corporate and product strategies.
Individual needs to be a strategic, organized, forward-looking performer who leads by example and has a self-driven sense of urgency.
What you'll do....
- Interact with customers and Avalara subject matter experts to understand market needs
- Work closely with product managers to drive consolidated strategies and roadmaps to ensure cohesion across team members and product lines
- Understand the competitive landscape of the product portfolio
- Work with product managers on goal setting and plan execution
- Be an evangelist of the Avalara product strategy
- Articulate a clear and compelling product vision for how each product area will align with overall corporate goals
- Define metrics that measure key business objectives
- Partner with other Avalara leaders and stakeholders to drive strong relationships that foster goal achievement and issue resolution
What you'll bring to the role....
- A strong leadership style that combines product, operational, program and sales knowledge and experience to ensure end to end accountability
- Track record of leading products and product teams from inception through launch for solutions that target small, mid and enterprise-level businesses
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, salesforce, etc.
- Experience defining customer journey's
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who is able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science); MBA desirable
- 10+ years of related experience and 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with ERP, eCommerce, or other financial accounting or tax systems
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.