Learning and Development Practitioner
We are seeking an experienced Learning and Development Practitioner. The L&D Practitioner works to identify learning and training needs, design/source training and learning solutions, and to deliver and evaluate training. The role involves working with subject matter experts across the business and the role focus will often be on the practical design and delivery of training.
The L&D Practitioner role supports the L&D function to contribute to and influence, improved performance in the workplace at an individual, team and organisation level.
- Identify training and development needs within teams/individuals through job analysis, appraisal process and regular consultations with business managers
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual
- Work in a matrix team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant stakeholders
- Plan and assess the ROI of any training or development programme
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff
- Devise individual learning plans
- Produce training materials for in-house courses
- Create and/or deliver a range of e-learning packages
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Help line managers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in facilitated groups
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in design and delivery of training (Min 5 years)
- Experience in the delivery of management development programmes
- Ability to manage matrix project teams
- Facilitation skills & understanding of learning cycle
- Holds a recognised training qualification is desirable
- Excellent coaching skills
- Excellent personal and time management skills
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com