Director, Tax Compliance Automation
Job Description Summary
The Director of Tax Compliance Automation will have responsibility to advance Avalara's tax compliance services by shaping future product and process automation needs to serve our customers across a variety of market and tax verticals. As part of a revenue delivery organization, this leadership role will showcase a balance of strategy, execution, collaboration, and talent development to foster innovation in the ever-changing tax compliance landscape.Job Description:
- Lead a tax technical and technology savvy team responsible for shaping future product and process automation as part of delivering tax compliance services.
- Build deep cross-functional partnerships with internal organizations critical for end-to-end product and service delivery.
- Partner cross-functionally to foster thought leadership and opportunities for direct technology enablement with state and local tax authorities.
- Drive alignment across business and product teams in the prioritization of product and process automation investment.
- Plan and deliver on cross-functional projects that range from product enhancements and testing as well as product integration and infrastructure changes to ensure business continuity.
- Develop and track automation metrics that are essential for meeting business growth, customer experience and efficiency goals.
- Cultivate a “People First” culture to promote positive employee engagement through hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
- 12+ years overall professional career experience with emphasis on SaaS startup and big company perspectives.
- 7+ years of demonstrated management success fostering innovation and developing operations excellence as part of managing and motivating professional level employees.
- Experience leading cross-functionally as part of successful end-to-end product and service delivery.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for exploring technology as part of driving business efficiencies.
- Proven track record for developing and reporting on key metrics to drive prioritization of investment in people, process and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all organization levels with developing trust as the highest tenant.
- Experience presenting and influencing decisions at an Executive level.
- Bachelor's degree (or educational equivalent) with emphasis in computer science, accounting, finance, economics and/or business as a major.
- Master's degree in Business or Computer Science or related fields.
- Familiarity with indirect tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales & use, lodging, telecommunications tax for registration and reporting).
- Experience implementing large scale tax automation solutions, ERP, eCommerce, or other financial accounting systems.
- Hands-on experience using major robotics process automation (RPA) tools and data analytics tools.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara's open positions.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.