Product Support Specialist I
As a member of the Avalara Support team, your goal is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Product Support Specialist is a front line position, and is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and be able to manage your own priorities. Fast paced, inbound call center.
- Understand and become conversant in a number of large software applications
- Understand, interpret, reproduce, and diagnose customer problems. Perform Root cause Analysis
- Teach solutions to customers and document them in our Knowledge Base.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our case tracking system.
- Work with members of other departments/teams to resolve product issues –escalating issues as necessary
- Meet individual case management, SLA, and C-Sat Goals
- Be the voice of the customer within Avalara. Driving their issue to resolution regardless of what department owns the issue.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- 3+ years of experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Excellent organizational skills –ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- Ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Team player with the ability to encourage a positive atmosphere.
- You like to tinker and love technology.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.