API Product Manager
This person will own the strategy, develop the roadmap of our APIs and Connectors/Extractors, and working closely with multiple stakeholders across the organization to realize the product vision. The candidate must have both a proven track record building SaaS platform services and a desire to drive amazing new product.
What you’ll do....
- You will own the end-to-end product lifecycle of Avalara Brazil APIs and Connectors/Extractors.
- Create, communicate, and execute the multi-year roadmap and strategy to achieve the goals for this sensitive product.
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target developers, customers, and partners through regular interactions and quantitative and qualitative research, and represent their voice to internal teams.
- Create use-cases, user stories, and detailed product requirements that clearly articulate the functionality of the product that will be developed.
- Own and manage the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements, partner, and customer requests by using sound judgment and decisive tradeoffs.
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Collaborate with Engineering, UI, and Documentation teams to deliver an amazing product and an exceptional user experience.
- Partner with Business Developers; Partner launch and Support to successfully roll out the products and ensure an outstanding end-to-end user experience.
- Represent Avalara as a domain expert at industry and partner events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
5+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 3+ years experience as a SaaS product manager
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience leading product in API Platforms, SDKs and Developers
- Portals and use of API Tools such as Swagger, Postman etc. and API Gateways such as APIGEE, AWS Gateway, Kong etc.
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes both in the web and mobile spaces.
- Industry experience and familiarity with API design and best practices, IDEs, general programming languages and concepts, including web application architectures and components, and platforms-as-a-service concepts.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to make difficult tradeoff decisions and yet create a roadmap to achieve business goals.
- Strong organizational skills: prioritization, effective time management, conflict resolution, risk identification, and mitigation.
- Experience with market ERPs (e.g.Infor, SAP, NS, Oracle, MS, Sage)
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.