Technical Account Manager - Communications
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for technical management and health maintenance for Enterprise customers. This involves acting as the authoritative technical escalation and ownership point, across multiple products to meet support entitlement levels, driving ticket resolution.
As a TAM in the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you will drive higher technical satisfaction than other cohorts and gain a comprehensive familiarity with Enterprise customer's operational environment, to leverage for troubleshooting and guidance. The TAM will forge a positive and lasting relationship with key customer representatives.
- Own TAM technical support issues through resolution
- Perform timely support ticket analysis and response for enterprise cases. Including issue replication, research, root cause analysis and document accordingly
- Host informative or escalation meetings with enterprise level customers
- Act as a customer advocate and liaison with design, development, product and support teams for all customer issues
- Participate in meetings with customers and program management teams, providing ticket disposition and additional information as deemed necessary
- Ensure up to date knowledge of customers current and future environment
- Being an expert on the various AvaTax for Communications web services - includes SOAP, REST and SFTP web services
- Executing queries against databases (SQL Server, Amazon Aurora, Snowflake) and returning the results to customers and internal teams
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with key customer contacts
- Identify customer challenges and mitigate where applicable
- Create knowledge articles and documentation to support internal and external customers
- Drive development ticket resolution to support customers' issues and requests
- Responding to customer questions regarding tax data concerns
- Assisting with software engineering tasks (coding, code review) between support tasks
- Provide advanced support for designated Avalara Partners
- Understand and become technically conversant in the existing and new product offerings
Qualifications - Required
- Exceptional judgement and customer relationship management
- Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting enterprise level software and/or customers
- Must be able to troubleshoot and execute REST, SOAP and SFTP APIs
- Headers (Authentication) Body
Get, Put, Delete, Post
Utilize Postman or equivalent
SOAP too but less necessary
- Ability to create, modify, and execute SQL queries
- Experience writing and reviewing software code
- Experience with version control, preferably via Git
- Critical thinking/analysis to include
- Troubleshooting the most efficient resolution or escalation
- Ability to understand a complex database schema built around tax data
- Prioritization of open development tickets
- Data analysis feedback to Product teams on opportunity areas
- Pro-active suggestions based on ticket trends
- Expertise in SF use and ticket queue management to include:
- Ticket assignment base on skill set
- Workload analysis and assignment balancing
- Advanced ticket driver analysis and root cause identity
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Advanced issue troubleshooting skills for the most efficient resolution and/or escalations
- Strong team collaborator across multiple functional areas.
- Solid communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 2 years' proven experience working as a Technical Account Manager (TAM), supporting enterprise level software and/or customers
- And/or Proficiency in technical workings of at least two core Avalara applications, to include:
- API functionality (Function and error identification)
- Campaign management
- Certificate application, management and system flow through
- AvaTax connector functionality (Big 5)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Mastery of data flow between customer and any relevant Avalara products
- And/or proficiency in operation and technical workings of Returns Excise and AvaTax Excise
- And/or proficiency in operation and technical workings of Communications applications and services
Preferred Qualifications - Experience in Some/All Categories
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical interworking with all other relevant products in Avalara Portfolio
- Avalara Excise
- OEM connectors
- D365, Dynamics AX/GP/NAV, Sage
- Technical abilities to include the following:
- Database analysis
- Database structural knowledge
- competency in APIs and data manipulation
- Relational knowledge of customer/certificate/data feed/ data source
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements.
- Mastery of data flows between customer and Avalara products.
- Background in accounting and taxation
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.