Partnerships Project Manager
Partnerships Senior Project Manager
Reports: Director, Program Partnerships
Location: Brighton HQ – United Kingdom
Avalara is seeking a motivated and energetic Senior Project Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, fast paced, organisation.
This is a Customer facing role, responsible for the successful delivery of Operational & Technical implementations. You will be working with high-quality deliverables, working within an agile team structure, across multiple functional areas.
This is an exciting time to join and given the size of the current organisation there is an element of PMO and Program Reporting. Project Governance is in its infancy and this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to drive and influence the appropriate level of Governance within an agile structure.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach, can operate at various levels and have an attention to data quality.
- Scoping and planning
- Project Governance
- Ensure deliverables are clear and interdependencies across workstreams are understood
- Issue & Risk Management
- Liaising with internal and external teams for day-to-day reporting of Projects
- Driving resolution of key issues including defining and managing remediation activities
- Ensuring Implementation plans for impact to customers both internally and externally are considered
- Produce MI for Programme Board to agreed time and quality standards
- Prepare various packs for meetings at both a local and global level with senior executive audiences
The position is based in Brighton, UK. The position will report into the Partner Program Director with key stakeholders including Engineering, Product Management and MRS (Managed Returns Services) located globally.
Skills & Experience:
- Understand and experience of project lifecycles, governance and controls
- Great organisation and time management skills
- A collaborative mindset, with an enthusiasm for building networks with colleagues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, possess a high degree of flexibility and work well within a cross-functional team capacity.
- Experience with VAT and GST calculation and reporting technologies an advantage
- Experience of Agile an advantage
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com