Network Security Engineer
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
- Architect, engineer, and maintain complex network architectures including public cloud environments
- Evaluate, design, and implement IDS/IPS technologies including web application inspection, web filtering, antivirus, SSL decryption, DNS sinkholing, etc
- Deploy and maintain enterprise network orchestration technologies
- Design, implement, and lead a firewall change approval board
- Partner with Infrastructure, Networking, SRE, and SecDevOps teams to establish and drive standards and automation
- Assist with planning and integration of new business units, including network and systems infrastructure
- Perform technical consulting in the areas of infrastructure, networking, and operations security
- Work autonomously as well as in team environments, often in stressful, high impact situations
- 5 years of experience with AWS networking technologies (VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs, Transit Gateway, ELB, Route 53, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in network security engineering at an enterprise scale, preferably in a SaaS or public cloud heavy network environment
- 3 years of experience with enterprise firewall technologies (Palo Alto Networks)
- Working experience with the design, deployment, and maintenance of IDS/IPS technologies
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, VLANs, VPN, DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT, Wifi protocols, etc.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols (SAML, RADIUS, 802.1x, etc)
- Working experience with network orchestration technologies e.g. Tufin, FireMon
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Experience deploying Palo Alto Networks App-ID and SSL decryption at scale
- Experience with autoscaling firewall deployments via terraform
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like SSAE18 SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- CISSP, PCNSE, AWS Solutions Architect/Advanced Networking/Security, SANS certifications, technology certifications and other security certifications is a plus