Marketing Manager - Demand Generation
Are you an experience Email Marketing Manager, who want to still wants to take nurture campaigns beyond just email? Do you constantly work with a sense of urgency, have a keen ability to adapt to change, and are as comfortable with analytics as you are with creative? Then we want to talk with you! Our marketing team is looking for a superb Email Marketer to create and execute nurture marketing programs around our core product. If you’re an email marketing pro who is strong in messaging, sales enablement, is adaptable and engaging, and who is motivated to make things happen, you’ll love joining this team of fun and talented marketers!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Planning, executing, and evaluating nurture marketing programs through a variety of channels in the marketing mix, including creating and managing integrated marketing campaigns, email, webinars, advertising and other programs focused on lead generation and building the sales pipeline.
- Working closely with content developers, create innovative, personalized messaging to drive advertiser launches at scale.
- Partner with our sales team to ensure your campaigns are successful and enable them to be successful. Work closely with sales teams on lead conversion, nurture strategies to drive pipeline activity.
- Optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, revenue lift, engagement, and retention.
- Take our nurture campaigns from email and into other channels
- Manage a process of iterative A/B testing to continually improve performance through optimized messaging and targeting.
- Deliver timely marketing plans that include success metrics and reports for defined marketing initiatives. Develop tactics and content that support a defined marketing program and/or campaign.
- Build extensive knowledge in defined product/solution areas and develop expertise with industry, product, partners and competitors.
Skills and Experience You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B marketing.
- Experience in demand generation, specifically creating and executing demand generation campaigns: understanding the target audience, creating the offer, the message, the tactics, enablement, and working with sales development and sales teams to ensure success.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams across internal teams and building effective relationships.
- You’ve worked closely with sales teams in the past, know what makes them tick, and how to build marketing programs that make an impact.
- Creativity balanced with an analytics approach to demand gen, including the ability to identify key messages and hooks that will grab a buyer’s attention.
- A sense of urgency and desire to drive results and make things happen, both on your own and by harnessing resources on other teams.
- You’re a quick learner with ability to adapt and thrive in changing and sometimes unstructured environment.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, energetic, and optimistic.
- Excellent grasp of B2B marketing, B2B selling concepts and the sales pipeline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a B2B SaaS marketing and sales funnel a plus.
- Experience with CRM automation tools (e.g. SalesForce.com), marketing automation platforms (e.g. Eloqua), and analytic tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.