Product Support Specialist
As a member of the Avalara Support team, your goal is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Product Support Specialist is a front line position and is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and be able to manage your priorities. Fast-paced, inbound call center.
- Understand and become conversant in many large software applications
- Understand, interpret, reproduce, and diagnose customer problems. Perform Root cause Analysis
- Teach solutions to customers and document them in our Knowledge Base.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form and maintain accurate and timely records.
- Work with members of other departments/teams to resolve product issues –escalating issues as necessary
- Meet individual and departmental goals (case management, SLA, and C-Sat goals)
- Be the voice of the customer within Avalara.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate challenging situations professionally.
- 3+ years of experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Excellent organizational skills –Ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- Have the ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
- You are a team player with a focus on promoting a positive and professional atmosphere.
- You like to tinker and love technology.
- Flexible and Addable, able to adjust to change and embrace the unknown.
- The ability to see the bigger picture, as well as work within defined (and sometimes undefined) guidelines
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.