Software Architect -Key Job Duties
- Review and understand existing bug reports, test plans, test processes.
- Organize and drive cross functional integration test strategies.
- Set the standards and track product load testing.
- Be a prodigious author in the documentation of architectural decisions, design recommendations, customer facing whitepapers, and research.
- Assist with and be an active member of our patent and IP development process.
- Act as a mentor to other engineers and team members, share your skills and expertise, encourage creativity and innovation!
- Understand how software design, quality, and architecture impact the goals of the business.
- Be a key contributor and member of Avalara’s Architecture Review Board.
- Analyze and attribute key operational requirements into key quality solutions.
- Help set a standard and set an example for high quality code review and analysis.
- Implement best SaaS practices across the enterprise.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Shipped customer facing software in at least 2 core languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of computer science theory such as state machine implementation, loop invariant proofs, and advanced data structures.
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and other data persistence layers from low level implementation details on up.
- Experience implementing large scale & low latency caching layers.
- Extensive experience implementing service architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)