Sr. Product Manager - Communication (R3945)
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our team.
- Work with customers to understand their needs
- Be / become an expert in your product's space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design/UX team
- Serve as an agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end to end customer experience
- Drive strategic cross-product and cross-functional initiatives that will help transform Avalara's business and improve the customer experience
- 8+ years overall professional experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 5+ years experience as a SaaS product manager leading product at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that will span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise as well as mass market and vertical niches
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc
- Experience with customer journey maps to create end to end customer experience within product
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in addition to work experience
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.