Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all aspects of the production databases including applying patches, upgrading or migrating the RDBMS, and planning for appropriate storage capacity
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Expertise in MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, including SQL server operations and SQL query optimization
- Develop and implement disaster recovery plans including RTO and RPO
- Experience designing,
implementing,and maintaining high-availability SQL databases in on-premise and SaaS environment – preferably a MSSQL Cluster environment in AWS
- Review and apply monthly windows patches to SQL Server machines
industry standardbest practices for ongoing database administration
- Develop and maintain knowledge in database design architecture and physical data modeling, including debugging, profiling, and
- Develop, enforce, and maintain appropriate database change control procedures
- Exercise appropriate control and implement security protocols to keep financial data secure
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
- Exposure to OLAP, enterprise data warehouse design and support experience. Experience in SSRS and SSAS, Talend ETL is advantageous.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Provide technical escalation and be on call during designated periods
- Be available during US business hours to accommodate overlap shifts and weekend on-call rotations
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience implementing, maintaining and architecting database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server Database Administration
- Conceptual knowledge on Data Warehousing, Data Mart, ODS, Business Intelligence
- Experience with diverse databases including AWS RDS, MySQL
- Jira and Confluence
- Exposure to SOX Compliance Audit is most preferable.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Should be a self-starter. Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects.
- Flexibility to work on BI/ETL development tasks as per project need. Preferably having exposure to BI/ETL development is an added advantage.